Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Wordful Wednesday- Haiti Earthquake





Yesterday at 4:53 p.m. an earthquake hit Haiti, a 7.0. It rocked everything there. The prime minister estimates around 100,000 dead. I just heard on the news that rescue workers are piling bodies in the streets as they find them. My heart really goes out to everyone there. That is such a horrible tragedy. 

Click here to read a full article on The New York Times website.

Onto my other topic...

I am very proud to report that in the past 127 days I have gained 4 pounds!! I know you're thinking why 127 days? Well...I have not been on the Wii Fit in 127 days and that was the last day I weighed in on there. So when I got on there last night I was super happy that my underweight status went up just a smidge. See I am trying to gain weight. And NO I am not one of those annoying girls that are like "Oh my gosh, like I'm so skinny I need to gain weight, like for real." I want to gain weight because:
1.) I would like to donate blood again so I can get extra time at work
2.) I would like to wear regular jeans and not have to search high and low to find some that fit my waist
3.) I want to build more muscles
4.) I'm tired of people asking me if I'm anorexic
And 5.) I just want to gain weight, simple as that!

Luckily I have my mother's genes and lost all my baby weight after I had Rylee, but I mean dang can't I keep some?!?! Oh well. Probably another contributing factor to my weight loss is that after high school I stopped playing volleyball and working out so I lost my muscle tone. So I'm going to start playing volleyball again and gain my muscle back.

Sorry no picturs were involved in this post!!

Head on over to Seven Clown Circus to participate!!

8 comments:

  1. Popping in from MBC!
    Now following your blog.

    You can find me at
    http://www.jaelcustomdesigns.com

    I'm so with you on the weight situation, I was 99 lbs all throughout H.S.

    When I got pregnant with my first child my maximum weight at 35 weeks was 116 lbs.
    I had her at 35 wks.

    I'd love to gain a bit more weight but, lose my baby phat in the tummy area. I have a little pouch that I need to get rid of. I'd like to also tone up and I'll be okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from MBC! I've always been thin too. It's annoying when people ask if you are anorexic/if you eat/etc. I managed to hang on to some weight after the baby, though.
    Stopping by from MBC and am now following!
    www.thestrollerballet.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from MBC And following now.
    Your daughter is Beautiful!!!
    I love the Wiifit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really glad that I came across your blog. How tall are you? I am really tiny both ways. I gained A LOT during my pregnancy and am working hard to get back to 1OO pounds...people want to yell at you when you have that problem, but it really is hard. I actually saw a bus for donating blood to CHildren's hospital and it made me want to cry because I do not weigh enough to do that...even though I help them out in a lot of other ways...SIGH...

    Anyhow, it is nice to meet you need bloggy friend. Pop on by to my blog and follow if you would like. I look forward to reading yours. I am actually doing my 2nd giveaway a BIG ONE!!! An InStyler! Have a good night ~Juliana from A Blonde Walks Into A Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. terrible about Haiti!!glad you gained some weight!!! I have to work hard to keep mine off!! great blog! I know follow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Courtney!

    Welcome to the Friends Following Friends Club!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Courtney, I think that is great. Congrats on the weight gain. I know you struggle with that. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it is wonderful that you took time to call attention to Haiti! And if you haven't already you might want to check with a doc on the weight. Had a friend with a thyroid problem which caused her to be underweight. And good luck.

    ReplyDelete